Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
Passive House is the world’s leading energy standard in residential, institutional and commercial building design and construction.
With the most completed Passive House projects in Canada, Marken Design + Consulting is one of North America's leading Passive House design & consulting firms being involved in over 30 projects in Canada, United States and Europe including the 1st residential Passive House in Canada certified by the German Passivhaus Institute.
The Passive House standard aims to reduce a building's energy consumption by up to 90% while providing superior comfort and indoor air quality. To work towards this goal, a Passive House building is very well insulated, virtually air-tight and is primarily heated by passive solar gain and internal heat gains such as people. Any additional heat demand is provided by an extremely small heat source.
The basic approach is energy conservation first and it is save to say that Passive House is the closest you can get to a “net zero energy” building without adding additional active systems such Photovoltaic panels.
Main features of a Passive House:
- Extremely Energy Efficient – Cut Energy Costs by up to 90%
- Comfortable & Healthy Indoor Environment
- Low Maintenance – Very Durable
- Less technical systems being used – User Friendly
- Independent from future energy cost hikes
- Cut Co2 emission by up to 65%
- Voluntary Certification & Third Party Review ensures quality of construction
- Value Adding Features – ROI
Key Elements of a Passive House are:
- Extremely Well Insulated
- Thermal Bridge Free Design
- Ultra Air-tight
- High Performance Windows & Doors
- Compact Design
- Highly Efficient Heat Recovery Ventilation
- Optimized Solar Gain
We provide the following services:
- Passive House Design – Residential, Institutional, Commercial
- Passive House Consulting
- Passive House Certification
- Passive House Construction Detailing
- Access to our Network of Experts in Mechanical Engineering, Passive House Construction and Passive House Prefabrication
- Access to our Passive House distributor and dealer network
Please contact us if you would like to learn more about the Passive House building concept.
Our team is professionally trained in Passive House design with experience in both, new construction and retrofits.